Investment Income Taxes

Questions & Answers
Get the answers on home selling and buying.

Investment Income Taxes - Q & A
Q:      Where do I get information on IRS publications?

A:      The Internal Revenue Service publishes a number of real estate publications. They are listed by number:

* 521 "Moving Expenses"
* 523 "Selling Your Home"
* 527 "Residential Rental Property"
* 534 "Depreciation"
* 541 "Tax Information on Partnerships"
* 551 "Basis of Assets"
* 555 "Federal Tax Information on Community Property"
* 561 "Determining the Value of Donated Property"
* 590 "Individual Retirement Arrangements"
* 908 "Bankruptcy and Other Debt Cancellation"
* 936 "Home Mortgage Interest Deduction"
Order by calling 1-800-TAX-FORM.

Q:      How do I reach the IRS?

A:      To reach the Internal Revenue Service, call (800) TAX-1040.

Copyright 1999 Inman News Features